#25


Initial Experimentation:
I wanted the designs to be bold, colourful and vibrant with a total feeling of being "full of life" to capture the idea of ridding oneself of the bodily imbalances and realigning the chakras to the perfect position. I used a mixture of watery inks and acrylics in this messy crazy experimental ideas session. I wanted it to feel spontaneous to replicate this energeticness and hence I took little elements of the chakra symbols and all the other hindu/buddhist patterns which I have studied up until this point, but I didn't make a strict pattern repeat. I feel like these, particularly the buddha face one, were hugely influenced by the Liberty talk - the idea of creating pictures by hand and later translating them into pattern repeat. I like how there is a level of transparency with the inks, meaning they can be layered without obliterating the underneath image and all in all they are an incredibly versatile medium perfectly suited to the look I am trying to capture. Meanwhile the acrylics provide a good base layer of colour etc. Within the red image I have begun to also add little details of fine liner in order to tell more of a story and perhaps incorporate some of the earlier religious tales I researched or even the more simplistic historical facts at the V&A. 


No comments:

Post a Comment